Passport Facts, Answers, and Questions. - near me location, phone, and lobby, Retail, last collection open hours at today or at Saturday, Sunday
Make sure you are aware of the following, and bring the items listed below:
You can find up to date fees, requirements, and other information at the State Departments Travel Site
- For Post Offices that require an appointment, you can schedule online at the official USPS site at tools.usps.com/go/pages/schedule-appointment - *Not available at all locations.
- Try to arrive 10 minutes early at the passport processing area, or your appointment may be cancelled if late.
- Review all photo, fee, ID, and form requirements before your appointment.
- How long will it take? - Passports generally take anywhere from 2-10 weeks to be received.
- When can I renew? - US Passport renewal can be done in person, or by mail if within 15 yrs of previous.
- Can I get my passport faster? - You can pay extra for expedited services if needed.
- Do minors/kids need an adult present? - If you are under 18, one or both parents or guardians must be there in person depending on the child's age.
- Children and teens up to 15 years old must be accompanied by both parents/guardians, or have proof of sole custody.
- Teenagers age 16-17 must have at least one legal parent/guardian present.
What do I need to bring?
- What types of ID are needed? - make sure you have two forms of Identification with copies of each.
- One of the IDs should prove US Citizenship, such as a Certified Birth Certificate, previous Passport, Naturalization Certificate, or Certificate of Citizenship.
- The second ID must be current and valid, such as a Driver's License, Government or Military ID, Naturalization Certificate, or previously issued Passport.
- What forms are needed? - You should have the appropriate passport application form printed and filled out.
- The different forms can be found on the Application Forms page.
- Do I need a photo? - You will need a photo meeting all requirements if the Passport Office does not list available Photo Hours.
- Most stores offering photo taking provide these services, such as Walgreens or Wal-Mart.
- How much does it cost? - You will be required to pay an Application fee to apply for or renew passport.
- You can find up to date fees on the Passport Fees page.